I understand that using alcohol while taking Cymbalta can cause one to feel more drunk and black out, but is is possible that it can also cause headaches the next day? I am typically not one to get hungover when I drink beer (especially light beer) no matter how much I drink. However, since I've been on Cymbalta drinking gives me extremely bad headaches the next day which I've never experienced from drinking the previous night - nothing will make them go away either. All else has stayed the same including the amount I drink - the only thing that changed is me moving from lexapro to cymbalta. Help!

I got hangovers just about every time i drank with Cymbalta. The hangovers were awful, I too went from lexapro to cymbalta.

I have no problems with alcohol. Matter a fact I don't have hangovers no matter how much I drink. :-D

I drink Burbon on Friday nights and have never had a hangover. I'm a bit concerned about the warnings about alcohol, hence the reason I reserve it for Friday's.

I used to take Lexapro a while back and had noo trouble with booze. Now on Cymbalta and Im am curently expeirencing a headache from the drink I had with lunch today. Maybe I shouldn;t drink. I used to drink to ease my anxiety but now I really dont need to. Other tahn that I Love Cymbalta.

I had the same problem on cymbalta. One or two beers would have me feeling like i got hit by a truck the next day, compared to almost no hangovers for a lot more than that prior to cymbalta. I don't know why it happens but now that Im not on it anymore i can drink like i used to without problems!

Yes, same with me. Just a glass of wine and I'd feel like I had done a slew of shots, then felt terrible in the morning and overtoxified. Not sure what the biological reason would be, but I'd suspect is has to do with the impact of the drug Cymbalta on your liver. You may be overloading the liver, disabling it from processing the alcohol in a timely way, impacting your body much greater. Also, to be the naysayer, alcohol is a depressant so it may be wise to omit it due to whatever reason that you may have to take anti-depressants. I'm now off cymbalta and returned to normal pretty quickly as per alchohol tolerance.

I have been on cymbulta for a few weeks and I had one glass of wine one night with dinner and it effected me quit badly. I don't suggest mixing alcohol with any antidepressants and the effects are dangerous and can cause depression to become worse to the point of becoming suicidal. This is my experience but from what Iv read about the drug its definitely not a drug that should be mixed with alcohol as it goes with most antidepressants one the market today. In hine sight we take antidepressants to counteracted the effects of depression so if we mix a depressant drug with the meds it can be desasterious. I'm hanging to go out with friends and have a few drinks as im only young but it just doesn't agree with most people on this type of medication. My suggestion would be weigh up the pros and cons of taking cymbulta but at the end of the day even if your not on antidepressants the effects of alcohol can still be quit detrimental to your mental health Giselle