I can not decide which one is better for me Differin or Retin –A. What are the possible side effects for both medications? Which one is better for treat skin with pimples?

They are both made to help the skin with pimples and reduce blackheads formations. Differin is similar to vitamin A and Retin-A is a topical form of vitamin A.
Possible side effects of Differin that you may experience are: stinging, burning, warmth, redness, peeling, tingling, maybe some allergic reactions (swelling of your lips or tongue, shortness of the breath) and believe it or not possible side effects from Retin- A are completely the same. You can use either, if that is your only worry.

I'm having the same problem. I've been using differin for 3 months now with a combination of minocycline and I'm having great results. The thing is my insurance does not cover the cost of differin and it is very expensive my docter has now given me a prescription for retin a. My doctor says they are the same, but i guess my hesitation is that my face is clearing up so well without any harsh side effects that I'm too scared to change. Is it worth it?