Hi, I was very thin and managed to gain some weight rapidly. That was really bad for my skin and now I have those white stretch marks that look like scars. What to do to get rid of those ugly marks? Also, I`m still trying to gain more weight and is there anything to help me prevent the appearance of the new stretch marks? Heard about Retin A and wonder if that could be the solution of my problem?

Hi, got those stretch marks when I was pregnant. The appearance of the stretch marks depends on how elastic your skin is. The weight gain can be really dramatic and there is not much you can do to prevent them. Gaining the recommended amount of weight and gaining it slowly may help reduce the chances of getting those stretch marks. But, after childbirth they have become less visible after 8 months. Heard also about Retin A, but it wasn`t safe for me to use it during pregnancy. Ratin A can improve the appereance of stretch marks but it won`t change their texture. Retin A can also give you some peeling of the skin. Maybe you should try a laser treatment? However, it`s an expensive procedure.