I’ve been struggling with acne on my back and even more on my face for several years now (I’m 20 now) and I’m currently in the second month of treatment with Epiduo gel my dermatologist prescribed me. Unfortunately I didn’t think take the warning about skin being more sensitive to sunlight as seriously as I should, so I got pretty bad skin burns and peeling during first two weeks on Epiduo.

Besides this, now that my skin recovered, I’m not really noticing that my skin is clearing up from acne, so is there any alternative you can recommend me?

there definitely are alternatives to Epiduo gel, but a great majority of them usually causes the side effects similar to ones you experienced - this is especially true for all products that contain vitamin A variants like Accutane, Differin, etc. The other component of Epiduo, benzoyl peroxide, can be used alone but it also tends to dry up skin fairly often.

The other alternatives you have are antibiotics, topical or oral, as well as birth control pills, if you're female. Either way, you should consult with your dermatologist again.