I don’t even know how I get into this, but I found out there is some substance, Dioxin. Why it started to interest me was fact that Dioxin can cause a number of adverse health effects. And that 95% of the average person’s exposure to Dioxins occurs through food. I want to know more about that Dioxin. Is that dangerous to people and can we avoid exposure to it?

Dioxins refer to group of chemical compounds that share similar chemical structures and biological characteristics. Dioxins are present in environment all over the world. They are released into the air from combustion processes such as waste incineration and from burning fuels. Also it can be produced when household trash is burned and during forest fires. It stay on plants and than can be taken up by animals and aquatic organisms and concentrated in the food chain. Within animals, Dioxins tend to accumulate in fat and that’s how person is exposure to it. The presence of those in the environment is an important issue that is complex and confusing. There are a lot of discusses of possible effects in humans of Dioxins exposure and there are included advice regarded dioxins in foods. So I can’t tell you for sure answer to your questions because even scientists are not sure yet about that. It’s just fact we can’t avoid some substances that are made by living so many people on the earth.