Hello everyone

My brother in law is on Thrive diet. He really hates his big belly and now he wants to lose weight in a small period of time. Since he started with this diet I see him eating just plants. (I am not kidding). One day I asked him if he became a vegetarian or what. He just smiled and said that his diet requires only plants to eat. I don’t believe him because I don’t think that this is a vegan diet. I mean, that is cruel. I can’t live without meat for even one day. Can somebody tell me, are you suppose to eat just plants while on Thrive diet?

Well, I understand that you really like meat but there are so many vegetarians in the world so don’t be surprised when someone chooses not to eat meat.

Your brother in law told you the truth; this diet really requires eating just plants. (You will never follow it, that’s for sure :))Precisely, it is a vegan diet which means you shouldn’t eat not just meat but every animal product like milk, fat and so on.

Your brother in law chose wisely, though. With this diet you can really lose weight in a short period. Yes, it’s not easy to avoid all that foods that diet requires but results are excellent.

I am vegetarian and I don’t understand why you are so surprised with the fact that your brother in law doesn’t eat meat. Like George Bernard Show once said “Animals are my friends and I don’t eat my friends”.

I think that this diet is great. When you eat just fruits, veggies and other plants you will feel much better and livelier. I am speaking from my own experience.

So ThinkerBell, the answer to your question is yes. Thrive diet is a plant based diet program. But that is not as bad as you may think. There are so much amazing tasteful recipes without meat.