Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Ive been reading about the exposure to a certain toxin called mycotoxin and found that humans can get infected by it just by eating some of the common foods like mushrooms or even nuts and maize. I also read that you can die from the exposure of these toxins and I got very concerned because I have never heard of this before. The thing is that Im buying most of the foods at the market and now I realize that might not be so safe. Can you give me any additional info about mycotoxin exposure?


Loading...

I have never heard of this too, thats why I got interested and did some reading about it. This mycotoxin is a toxin (of course) produced by mushrooms, yeast and molds-fungus family. From what I have learned fungi could produce many toxins, some of which may be lethal or cause other health troubles in both humans and animals. Some toxins could act as allergens others weaken our immune systems and some may not have any impact on our health but could affect animals. As far as mycotoxins are concerned, the troubles usually arise from the fungal infection of crops. Even if not eaten by humans, the crop could reach humans through animals because they are not being broken down in digestion and may appear in meat and dairy products. The worst thing is that even cooking and freezing may not help with destroying these toxins. The only trouble is that I have no idea how to protect ourselves from the exposure. I suppose we cant.
Reply

Loading...