as in extraterrestrials? intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

this is the topic i have to write a paper for in my hormones and behavior class...

i have my own ideas but id like to get some more insights, especially from you science folk.

dicsuss amongst yourselves, ill check back later!

thanks everone :D

ET was a great movie, both when I saw it in the 80s and twenty years later.

Statistically speaking, we should not be alone in the universe. But if you insist on putting the "intelligent" with the life, then I don't know. There are lots of life forms, but not all of them can build space ships.

I suspect that there is other life out there, and that they must be VERY intelligent, as they have completely avoided any communications with us.

My answer is yes and no. No meaning there's probably no intelligent life in out solar system-although there may be other life forms such as bacteria and other less complex organisms. So far there have been no visitations of ETs from our solar system (other than hoaxes) On the scale of the universe however I can't help but say that there is definitely life out there and intelligent, yes (though not intelligent enough to reach us). The countless millions and billions of galaxies, stars, solar systems and planets is enough for me to conclude that life does exist elsewhere in the universe though we are still far from proving it.

Yes...Have they visited Earth...No.

No. God created just us. Period.

the fact that there are billions of galaxies, each with untold numbers of stars in them, does not mean that there MUST be life out there somewhere.

the real question is how likely it is that life can arise of any given planet in the first place (let alone evolve into a species capable of communicating with us) - if it turns out that life almost never arises (and it may), we may be alone after all, no matter how many possible targets for life there are in the universe.

One very ominous sign - all of the efforts of the past decades to receive a radio signal from an intelligent species have failed utterly. Its been dead silence. it is quite possible that we are making a fundamental error in assuming that it would be possible to communicate that way, but since radio waves should be a fairly ubiquitous feature of any technologically advanced civilization, something is unsettling about the lack of such waves......................

Hormones and Behavior is a class that i need to take..........

depending on my own personal hormonal levels, i'd say that yes, sometimes the martians have landed are walking amongst us; i seem to be the only normal one on earth. (or at least in my house)

but really--who knows? i'm not a true believer in ET-kinda stuff.

I have a hard time believing that with all those other dozens of planets out there that at least one of them doesn't have something growing on it.

Given the evidence and probablities, I do not see how there cannot be some form of life in the universe.

I'm not even sure of intellegent life here (present company excluded) I'm hoping there is some out there.

No. God created just us. Period.
not necessarily. there is a cryptic verse in the gospels about it. John 10:16 and other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd. in context, Jesus is talking about how he is giving up his life for his people, then he says that there are other people that must be brought into the fold. a possible interpretation is that Jesus is giving up his life for the people of earth, but that there are other people somewhere else. I guess that leaves it open for life on some other planet.

BIG FATTY!!
Wow, that's really interesting, Keltic....I wouldn't have seen it from that angle but now that you look at it, you could be right.....hmmm....
Froggy, what's this teacher's position on why this is relevant to hormones and behavior?

Cannabis sativa perhaps