While the sport topic has created some division here at
work today (our own version of the Iran/Iraq) war, the other topic was brought up from a co-worker (male) whio a new parent saying that his 2 girls have the same DNA.

So I figured where else but here can I get the answer.

I did mention something about it being possible they have the same DNA if they stayed away from Cheerleading. :)

S99

I dunno, Joe and I have different fingerprints.

Although if we donate an organ to each other, it will not be rejected by the body.

Thanks.
S99

Just hope the day does not come when one of you has to donate fingerprints to the other.

yes, they have the same DNA. But where is dnagirl, aka Sandy Cheeks to give us the facts.

Don't hold your breath. I heard she got stumped by this one:

:LOL:
However, twins with the same DNA are actually at an advantage when it comes to competitive eating....

Yes, identical twins have the same DNA, they come from one fertilized egg that splits, therefore, the same DNA.

just found on the net:

Identical twins have the same DNA

Q: April, some of my friends here have been arguing about a DNA test of identical twins. One says they should be identical; the other says they are different.

Robert J. Huskey, U of Virginia
DNA patterns from four sets of twins which are identical?

A: Your first friend wins. Identical twins have identical DNA. They come from the same fertilized egg, which had only one complete set of DNA in the first place. That fertilized egg and its single set of DNA split to form twin embryos-each with its own set of DNA, identical to the other. One small quibble: the DNA sets will be identical, unless one fertilized egg's DNA mutates. Such mutations, however, are normally so tiny that DNA analysis can't detect them.

Suppose one identical twin commits a crime. How do you tell which twin did it if the DNA is identical? Well, you don't use DNA analysis since the DNA is the same. You dust for fingerprints. Genes only set the pattern for the fingerprint. The print develops in a placenta environment that differs somewhat for each twin. That, in turn, results in similar but different fingerprints.

the stuff above of course applies to identical twins, not fraternal twins. Fraternal twins are from different eggs and are only as similar DNA-wise as any siblings would be.

Ok as you can tell I think this stuff is cool and I'm not even a science geek....

molly you got a lock solid case if greg or i goes to court

i am sure you could cast reasonable doubt

not that you would have to, we are good boys

...those are the ones you really have to look out for!