what advice would you give me? Who would you have me talk to?

I want to find a religion
If you want to lose yours, talk to this guy:

Any religion that has world-wide riots over a cartoon posted in a newspaper should be avoided.

Erstwhile Lurker?! 8O

just saw the "hypothetical" so I guess this is not something you're actively searching for...Let' see - ....Religion is man made, so I guess you could look anywhere you please!
God on the other hand.... :)

I'm not exactly sure what you would mean by "find religion" so I would ask you that first. However, if you meant you wanted to understand who God was then I would lead you to certain passages in the Bible that show that he is the God of the universe and the God that created us all. I would tell you about Jesus and how he was the only sinless human and how he died on the cross and rose from the grave after being buried for three days. I would tell you how accepting Christ as your Savior (by faith) and saying a little prayer to ask him to be part of your life forever will change your life and give you a peace that many people in this world don't understand or have.

I wouldn't send you to someone else to have you talk to them unless, of course, you have extremely theological questions that I am unable to answer. To know God is to read the Bible with an open heart and mind. You will become transformed by HIM...not by me.

Of course, this is all hypothetical...

not.

I could give you a name & address prolly within a mile of where you are right now.... realz.

was it this one?
(and yes, I read the news!)

Erstwhile Lurker?! 8O
:umno:

Talk to the weatherman. If you can decide if you like it hot or cold you'll have a better chance at figuring out your religion problem. Does that help?

God?

Follow up question: Why would I accept this (by faith) over another religion or belief that I would also have to accept on faith.

was it this one?
(and yes, I read the news!)
Does Austin have an embassy? If so, I'll be there to burn it down in a few hours. :x
Disclaimer :: Dear FBI, just kidding.

That's a question you have to answer for yourself. Anyone having gotten their own answer/or not, is instantly biased. There is no 'logical' answer. If there was, there'd be peace in the middle east.

I'll go with the first answer: Talk to God.

NO HUMAN BEING has the answer, neither does the Bible, the Book of Mormon or the Koran.

The answer to finding God is within one self. Everything else is just outward signs of a religion.