Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place of great balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth, "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot.

Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries.

"This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a large land mass and said, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's OHIO, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful lakes, rivers, sunsets and rolling hills. The people from OHIO are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I'm putting around them in Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and Pennsylvania."

It'd be nice to see some balance between rain and sunshine though.... i'm sick of rain.

At least we "idiots" in Pennsylvania don't have fights with our own furniture, missy. :P

Why is it so windy in Indiana?

Because Illinois blows and Ohio sucks!

Like my dad always says the best thing to come out of Ohio is... I-75

Please remember that I would like to leave here like OJ wants a time machine.

She's got a point.

OMG where is Kristin when you need a good "Ohio" comment most.

DYK: Did You Know
In Ohio
Lima
Any map that does not have Lima clearly stated on the map cannot be sold

That's where I grew up!!! Bet you Buckeyes don't know what Lima stands for? Lost in Mid America.

Of course, I much prefer the surrounding states. My hometown is Indy, and I went to college in KY. Ohio always seems gray and rainy to me. Then again, I'm from a place where the hog report is on the radio more than the weather.