My girlfriend Gail (mother of three) and I (mother of one) were talking about our performance as a mother. We both think we suck as mothers. As much as we love our children, we're both sure we wouldn't do it again (i.e., we won't be having any more children and if we had to live life again we wouldn't have children).

As the conversation went on, she said her mother felt the same way (who had 3). Come to think of it, so does my mother (and she had 6).

What say you? Do you think you suck as a parent ? If you had to live your life over, would you still have children?

I think sometimes we all suck as parents. But yes, I'd do it again. My kids have provided much fulfillment to my life. Not to mention tons of laughs.

Ask me this question when I'm not currently in the middle of parenting 3 teenagers. :|

I think I'm doing a pretty fair job of parenting and yes I'd do it again. My kids have provided me with endless hours of entertainment.

Streeetch... okay I'll pat myself on the back :o
Yeah, I'd do it again and if I could, I'd have had even more.

My dog's not complaining. The again, she can't talk.

You want more? I've got some I can loan you.

Why doncha send 'em up in about four months? I could use some snowshoveling help. They'd love it, no?

:LOL:

sometimes i feel like a good parent, sometimes i feel like i'm not. i think i would do it again; at least if i could be guaranteed the same two kidlets! they've only added to my life on earth, can't see as how they've taken much. and by added -- well that includes frown lines and gray hair the only reason i wouldn't have kids in another life, is just to see how the other half lives. it wouldn't be that i hated parenting or felt inadequate doing so; i'm comfortable with both. however, sometimes i just wonder what path my life would have taken and where we'd be had we not had children...would be lonely old fools or drivin' those BMW coupes up the Pacific Coast Highway with the wind in our thinning hair...livin' the vida loca at our age is :umno: to me.

I try to be the best parent I can be. I have a lot of learning to do and it's an ongoing process. I never knew how hard or demanding this job as a parent would be and no matter how hard you try to make things "perfect", it isn't always that way. There's inevitably a crisis or situation that arises that you have to get through.

The rewards are great though. Nothing is better than getting a big hug or kiss at the end of the day. Nothing is sweeter than hearing your child say, "I love you Mommy" or "I love you more than the moon & the stars Mommy". :pinklove:

Would I do it again? Yes.
Do I miss the life I had before kids? Yes.
I have days where I love being a mother and days where I don't.

I get frazzled and wonder why I have had kids at times. It is hard work and I miss my freedom to do all the things I was able to do before having them. The key to it is having a lot of support and help from your spouse. That's my feeling about it. Otherwise, it's tough. However, I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Do you think you suck as a parent ? Nope If you had to live your life over, would you still have children? Absolutely, and I would have the same number we have, 2

I feel like I am a pretty good parent (except when I ignore my son to spend time on the computer and then I think I'm a pretty suck parent). I would totally do it all over again...and I just might be doing that within the next year or two. :)