Do you believe it?

Of course. It's been warming up since the last ice age 500 years ago. What I don't believe is that we over ego-ed humans can stop it or that my 1978 Chrysler caused it.

Yes.
I also believe in end-times, so it's kinda hand-in-hand.

Do you believe global warming is a sign of end-times?

Do you believe global warming is a sign of end-times?Not a sign, just a symptom.

No, with reservations.

The earth goes through cycles when the temperatures heat up then cool down. Whether the population of several billions, and the resulting effects, are accelerating that is hard to say. Certainly for healthy air more than anything, cutting emissions and pollution sources certainly is smart, if nothing else. And if somewhere down the line it shows that it did stop or slow the warming, so much the better.

:1:
i actually wrote an essay opposing global warming a few years ago. the evidence that the earth warms and cools in cycles is very compelling. i think i read somewhere that the average temp had only risen 1.5 degrees in the last however many years.
with much fossil fuel as we are burn, id worry more about acid rain first.

I agree with those that say the warming trend is caused by natural fluctuations in Earth's temperatures. While the human impact may cause some of it, it is probably relatively small. However, I think that industries should be regulated very strictly to preserve environmental quality.

i don't think there's any question that global warming occurs naturally.
the debate is,how can the earth deal with it when it's occurance is brought about at a greater speed than nature can actually deal with.

climatic changes will have an enormous impact on coast living and areas such as agriculture-so what the people affected by those changes will do,while they wait for the cycle to end is a real concern.

i'm kind of looking forward to the polar caps melting.the earth tilts changing,and down under assuming its rightful place on TOP tho

What gets me is when the media (or other people) run around in a panic and claims that this is the hottest (or coldest) day in history. We have only been recording temps for ~100 years. (Ditto for hurricane activity.)

To claim that this is the most severe weather since the inception of the Earth is ridiculous. Not to mention unfounded by scientific data.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard someone say that. It's always talked about in terms of recorded history. Big difference. But then again, the average joe doesn't really listen well enough anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard someone say that.

Just scroll two posts up Brewer for Example 1A...

The first two years we have lived here (and hopefully this is the last) we've had the most horrific hurrican seasons ever, part of a supposed 10 year trend.

:1:
I think part of the assumption by the average joe (but not by the average pug named joe) is that the weather has been overall the same (except for ice ages) so if we're having more hurricanes than "ever" that we know of, we're having more than ever ever.
What the Louisiana coast was like in 1643 is beyond my knowledge, so I'm going to assume they got battered by 4 Category 5 Hurricanes that year and that we're just in a lull. I base this opinion on 100 years of recorded weather.
Otherwise, I agree with G-Dawg's first post.

Look, no one is in a panic or running around nuts. I'm going with what I've seen here, and this year it IS mcuh hotter now than last year. Temperatures don't lie.

I enjoy talking to Mr Eyester, who has been recording and tracking these things for years.

I don't live in perfect insulated bubble, where everything is right with the world and the government can do no wrong, and nothing at all is wrong with our environment. I wish I did. It might be nice.

100 years is WAY too small of a historical sampling of weather data to say for sure. But I would definately prefer that scientists study the effect our technological development could be having on the environment than to just just shrug off recent observed weather changes as insignificant.