I have always grown up Roman-Catholic and that's been a part of my life... but I don't understand how science and religion can coexist... science says a big bang religion says God created earth.. since says dinosaurs.. religion records the history of the world and never once mentions it
it's just so confusing

I just need answers about everything.. Help!!

also I mean its so abstract to believe in all of these without real evidence...

even Noah's ark.. how does an ark bigger than a football field just disappear. no one has seen it no one knows where it is...

if religion is supposed to guide us and teach us .. shouldn't there be more evidence??

my dear

i have been brought up south bapist(spelt wrong dont care). what you dont realize is that in every relgion there are things that are the same just different names for them like the greek gods zeus is god and his son hercules is jesus both came to earth and help the people than dead for their people.

if proof is what u need look at that to show u that through out the years people have had something to tell them about this great power that created us.

you just have to have ur faith

ok dude i kno i think the same thing but religion the way i think of it is that religion is a way for people to have faith like wat would happen if ali never had faith he wouldnt be ali

Not too be rude to any1 religious but science disproves everything religion says about how things came to be etc. BUT religion does many GOOD things too! But first: Religion was created WAAAAY before science was advanced enough to explain why things were how they were. Religion was created because people didn't understand how things worked (Ex. where did humans come from?) and wanted to explain them. People have used religion as a guide and a place to look when they need support etc. The problem is people deicided to make things all organized and offensive by saying "my religion is better than yours!" etc and started making dumb rules like thou shalt not lie. What if you had to lie to save someone? Or do something else FOR GOOD? People have turned religion into something more negitive by taking the WRONG things seriously. Saying how gay people are bad is just one example. You know whats right near that in the bible? That you cant eat shellfish! The reason there are these "mis-understandings" in the bible is that IT WAS WRITTEN A FREAKIN LONG TIME AGO!!! Stuff changes ya know? Thats why I'm athiest. I have NOTHING against the general idea of religion or religious people. It's just that TIMES CHANGE. I am expecting that in the near future there will be a "Religion Revolution" which will involve people joining and forming NEW religious groups. These wont explain what science clearly does, they wont form hateful rules. They will be a place for support, guidance, self forgiveness, and community. These will keep the good and get rid of the not so good (bad). They will be a way for people to cometogether, express themselves, and help others! (Because most religions today DO do these things! But they also do a bunch of other not-so-productive things as well...)

I know I rambled on there but I really hope this helped to explain some things. Good luck in finding yourself and how you'd like to express it!

Science is my side all the way. I was brought up a christian but now that i got older, i started thinking and doing my research and needless to say, im not religious anymore.

I became an atheist / agnostic with in the last several years. I believe heavily in science and I done see how this pertains to teenage problems.

i'm a christian and 17 so i've gone through the whole evolution big bang and also christian creation thing
there's one way were you look at it both ways: God decided for the big bang to happen
that's the only one i got where they can both work together

as for dinosaurs, one time at a bible study the guy who took it dropped into a conversation he reckoned they were mentioned in the
bible. something about a leviathan and another weird animal that was mentioned that we have no clue about
possible they all died out in the Noah's flood thing, which would have made an atmospheric climate difference which is why no one past Noah lived the hundreds of years that people like Adam lived. this is just our theory tho (though i will say this guy has gone to uni dealing with all tis stuff)

as for where Noah's ark disappeared to, apparently half of it was found somewhere but i'm not sure how true that is
but then you think about it, the ark was made of wood. once they all got off the ark, they probably wouldn't need to go back once they made their own shelter on the ground. and if it's just left there, the wood can rot and be subject to animals, bugs, weather and etc

but even if they don't always go together, i think it's important to not completely shove the other out and completely disregard it. if God created us, He knew all about science like bio and chemistry and stuff to make us right? so He knows all about science and He is God so He's a part of religion so they can work together. it's only when either science doesn't give credit to God for things like the big bang theory or christians totally ignore science that they don't

hope this helped a little