i would like to find out whether fentanyl suppresses the appetite. I have been on 25mcg per hr patches for quite some time. I sleep day and night, and have a very little to eat. I am now on ensure plus...4 per day...I would like to withdraw from the pain killer just to see if my eating habits will improve....and if I have more waking hours...I do have morphine for breakthru'...
thank you in advance
nora mander

Dear Nora: Just like with any Opiate or MAJOR painkiller such as Fentanyl, it supress's most feelings - such as pain and also hunger. Obviously you are going through some major pain issues right now and I understand you wanting to eat more - to get more strength too - but please don't lower the dosage without talking to your doctor OK? There are many other medication he/she can give you to increase your appetite, and also he/she can then decide what to lower you Fentanyl to! I wish you luck and health AND an appetite!!!