Hi, last year I have hurt my arm badly during a car accident, had multiple bone fractures both on my hand and up and lower arm. I had to undergo a few plastic reconstructive surgeries and according to my doctor I'm supposed to have at least 3 more surgeries for the total reconstruction of my arm. All these procedures and healing process were very painful so at first they gave me morphine to ease the pain. As it turns out now I’ve become addicted to morphine and its effect is decreasing and side effects like nausea and problems with breathing and even arrhythmia have become common place. My doctor has suggested replacing morphine with dilauded. How is dilauded different than morphine and are there any side effects that I should know about?

Dilauded, or as it is also known, hydromorphine hydro chloride is as you might have probably guessed just another derivate of morphine. It is more potent than morphine and thus more dangerous to use but if the intensity of your pain leaves you no choice then you have to use it to ease the pain. It is about 10 times more powerful than morphine, it is less addictive than morphine but still is a very strong opiate. It does have less side effects than morphine which include nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness and loss of appetite but these side effects have been noticed in a limited number of patients, that probably means that you wont experience any or very few side effects. You should try it out for a while but with a strict supervision by your doctor and you should probably let medical staff at the hospital to administer it at first and to monitor your reaction for a few days, then the doctor will probably give you a dose that you can take orally by yourself at home. You should be careful with the dosage of it because the overdose can be fatal.

Celebrity
Guest wrote:

its great with beer..a couple of gonice.. bit o herb..
peave ful..w abou 20 mg of val as well...'

thnks

Look, if you decided to abuse drugs, don’t pass your decisions on other people. I am really interested if you even know what effects alcohol has on body when combined with central nervous system depressants or other prescribed medicines.

Dilaudid is a very potent painkiller and prescribed only for severe pain like when a person suffers from cancer, surgical pain, heart attack, etc

When taken without prescription, it can surely make you feel cool and relaxed, but this is because it slows messages from your body to the brain and if something strange would happen, something that asks for your quick response or attention, you wouldn’t be able to react properly.

When taken with alcohol, the effects of the drug are even stronger as alcohol slows the respiratory system and your heart and can cause respiratory failure and even death.

These drugs are often abused because they start working in about 15-30 mins time and their effect may last for 5 hours.
The danger of taking this drugs when getting them on the street is that you don’t know the appropriate dosage for your age, weight, certain medical problems and may experience severe side effects that could be lethal.

Oh, yes I forget to mention that these drugs can also bring up anxiety and paranoia when abused.

yes dilauded is very strong,i snort oxycontin recreationaly and happen to stumble across some dilauded two mg tabs and tried one.well let me say one thing,i think crazy to mix something like that with booze.half the problem why people od is cause they dont read and educate themselves before taking the drug or whatever drug it may be at the time.now dilauded is very tiny but very potent.and when i got ahold of it i did alot of reading before i even tried it and even then it was only snorting a quarter pill at a time,and thats of a two mg pill not a 4.also theres people who are stupid enough to pop 5 or 6 methadone at a time,you cant do that they are not made like vicodens.i mean i can pop 6 7 Vs at a time but would never try that with methadone,your just asking for it.

dont screw with dilauded its very dangerous

I just had my 13th shoulder revision. Needless to say, they are a wreck. This latest operation (1 week ago), although the roughest, I'm having the most success in pain management.

I use a 100 ug fentanyl patch along with 60mg methadone daily as baseline medications for chronic pain. Over the years (and the many orthopaedic surgeries to knees - shoulders - ankles), post surgery pain management has been poor. This time, the Dr. chose dilauded, 8mg tabs Q 4 - 6 hrs and this has by far been the best to date.

It really takes the edge off the pain, but I'm finding I'm not fidgetty, pie eyed, sneaky, etc. like so many other post surgery medications.

Dilaudid has fewer side effects and has a longer half-life. It's also 10x more potent than morphine but is more easily managed by the body. In short you don't need as much drug on board to achieve the same pain relief.