Hi, I suffer from RSD, and beside pain and swelling of the muscles, I have a chronic fatigue. Is this a common symptom of RSD? How do you cope with it?

Hi, I suffer from RSD, and I know exactly how difficult it can be to cope with a chronic fatigue. A doctor told me that it is a common symptom of RSD. I guess the fatigue is caused by all those irritating symptoms such as pain, sensibility to touch and insomnia. These symptoms pull out the last little bit of energy from my body. It’s no wonder that I have fatigue all the time. A doctor told me that I have to treat my underlying symptoms if I want to cure the fatigue. I am taking ultram for chronic pain, and when I have inflammation, I use aspirin and ibuprofen. These drugs help me a little, but unfortunately they don’t reduce my symptoms completely.

Hello. I take something that helps a lot with fatigue. If you are intersted, give the page I've linked here a look and hopefully it will help you as much as it helps me. Thanks.

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I am a Family Nurse Practitioner who was diagnosed with RSD in October of 2008 after being injured at work. The stress it takes on your body is so significant. I have had 5 sympathetic lumbar blocks and 1 Bier block without any relief. The fatigue, headaches, memory impairment..etc..were just as bad as the pain in my left ankle. I finally turned to a doctor who specializes in Infectious Disease. In order to be diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, you have to rule out everything else. I have found the following to be helpful: Vitamin C 1500mg twice a day, B12 shot every two weeks, I consulted an allergist and was skin tested and started on immunotherapy for my significant allergies. I increased my water intake to 2 liters a day and added a multivitamin everyday. I cut out all processed sugars and cut out all pop and sweetened drinks. I drink plain tea without any sugar and that is it. I added fresh vegetables and fruits to my diet and stopped all fast food. It is helping so much. I hope it helps you. :)

I wanted to add that in addition to the above I was also advised to take D-Ribose 5 grams TID for one week and then change to twice a day. I also take Epsom Salt baths twice a day, especially before going to bed. The way my doctor explained it to me...the sympathetic nerve is always firing thereby depleting your energy supply kind of like a cell phone battery when it is constantly in use...however, unlike the cell phone that can be put on a battery charger our own bodies never get re-charged during sleep. So his advice was upon awakening eat the following: Organic Almond butter on a slice of 12 grain Brownberry bread and a cup of tea which I put the 1 tsp or 5grams of D-Ribose in. It makes such a huge difference. Try this and then start your day. My physician also added Elavil 25mg taken 1 hour before bed. Try and keep on a schedule for bed. Get up with the sun and go to bed with the sun especially in the summer. This has changed my life as I seriously could not get out of bed before or if I did and took lets say a bath....I was so exhausted that I could hardly get out of the tub and back to bed. You have to find a reputable physician that is both an allergist and immunologist. I go to a doctor in Crest Hill, Illinois and he trained at National Jewish in Denver, Colorado. He listens to you and actually tries to help you...not just push pills on you. Good luck and God bless. Cheryl :-D

That sounds terrible having to work with those worst symptoms. Opiates like codeine or morphine are practically useless when it comes to chronic pain. having to live in pain is very taxing mentally as I'm sure you already know. 16mg buprenorphine a day for me does zero for pain! I mean zero but im hopelessly addicted to this c**p now and i doubt there is any benefit

So chronic pain sufferers need to look elsewhere as codeine-morphine-oxycodone-fentanyl is a steady progression of longer acting opiates but as everyone develops tolerance to all opiates, what does a patient on fentanyl do if they are in a huge car accident and are in excruciating pain??? would NOT like to be that person. Im sure the pharma companies have probably synthesised an even stronger opiod or two and probably 20 times more addictive.

amitriptyline and lyrica are the two drugs im hearing a lot about that have just been approved in most western countries as pain relief, which is a mere side effect!!! how cool is that. the side effect helps chronic pain. i cant get cortisone injections as my pain isnt in a certain joint or area. im a regular guy and not one of the twats who are getting paid to spam these sites. amitrips have changed my life. but i will tell you the pitfalls also. its addictive with horrible withdrawals, can lower sex drive, can be tough on gastro intestinal problems, decreased energy and a whole lot of rarer effects that would make your toes curl!

opiates are all habit forming and until they find a non addictive alternative pain killer, a lot of people are either gonna have to suffer or build up an opiate tolerance needing stronger acting doses/drugs

peace sisters and brothers

how much B12 are you given every two week?