My friend has told me testosterone therapy may increase sex drive. I haven’t heard for that usage of testosterone before, so this really surprised me. I know it’s common for women to experience a decreased libido for a range of reasons. That made me never tries to find answer or solution for this. Now I am really interested and I want to know does testosterone therapy really work?

One of reasons that woman experience decreased libido is also low testosterone. Some other causes include depression or emotional distance between sexual partners. Antidepressants commonly have the side effect of decreasing a person’s sexual drive. Sex is both mental and physical activity, so both are the reasons for not having sex. Testosterone will work to increase a women’s sex drive, but also some other treatments should be looked into. The reason is that testosterone therapy has some risks. Testosterone is only prescribed for decreased libido due to menopause. A woman's body naturally produces small amounts of testosterone that work in combination with the production of estrogen, together with some other hormones. Testosterone levels can be raised in women through the patches applied to the skin, or through injection. A woman should ask her doctor about starting with a very small dose, as this often causes the desired effects without the risks, but it is proven sometimes testosterone might help.