I have a question and I do not know where to ask for an answer. That is why I was hoping you might help me. I started with menopause and all symptoms women used to complain. Now I have a question is there any solution to improve my life. I am especially interested to hear will therapy with estrogen help my sex drive.

Testosterone is commonly used in menopause, but the question of whether or not to take testosterone supplements after menopause is not easily answered. It depends upon many variables, for example, you have to know testosterone helps elevate mood, improves concentration, improves feelings of fatigue and increases sex drive. Sometimes, however, if the dose is too much for a given woman, testosterone can produce increased facial hair and male-pattern body hair growth, as well as acne. However, menopause itself is associated with decreased sexual desire independent of estrogen therapy. Any symptoms such as vaginal dryness and pain from dryness during intercourse will worsen sexual desire. Even in the absence of those symptoms, women will report less interest in sexual relations and less responsiveness to sexual stimulation during menopause. Testosterone improves these symptoms rather then estrogen. However, it does not make them totally revert to pre-menopausal levels. Some studies show that testosterone added to estrogens increases bone mineral density more than does the same dose of estrogen alone.