Hello, I am 67 years old and, logically, I have problems with erection. Beside that, I am in a good health, I eat healthy too, and from time to time, engage myself in mild physical activities (I was an active sportsman). The only thing I have problems with is allergy and for that I take antihistamines, so I would like to know does antihistamines drugs cause weak erection and lowers sexual libido?

Antihistamines are type of drugs that blocks histamine receptors thus disabling its release (he is an important mediator of inflammation). They cannot affect histamine that is already in the system. Beside this effect, they have anti cholinergic effect and also makes depression of CNS (some of them causes sleep). I know that antihistamines should not affect erection and sexual libido. They could affect urinary retention.

Hii Iam a 31 years old unmarried man. Even Iam finding weak erections after taking antihistamines for cold. I found this problem exactly from the time I started taking antihistamines. So I stopped taking it and still I have erectile dysfunction problem. I don't know what to do now. Iam just waiting since a month hoping that it will become okay by itself but I find no improvement. Please help!! How did you take care of the problem?

According to caremark.com/wps/portal/HEALTH_RESOURCES?topic=drugsex this article, as reported by the Cleveland Clinic, antihistamines can affect sex drive in both men & women.

I am (age-29) taking antihistamine (cetrizine hydrochloride - 5mg or less daily) for more than 10 years now. I have started my sex life around 4 years back and used to have sex some times 3 or 4 times a day with good erection and good time. But now i am feeling my drive and erection is reduced. I think antihystamine is the cause. Can anyone suggest a better antihistamine or medication?

hiiiiiii

Anti histamine tablets surely effect sexual things.In my experience i got bad  erection due to my sexual intercourse. pls avoid and consult wt ur doctor/.

Pycnogenol vitamins help produce endothelial cells. Endothelial cells are the soil in which nitric oxide is produced. Nitric Oxide is what Viagra produces to create erections, but, in this case, without viagra, you can produce your own nitric oxide SOIL by taking pycnogenol. Remember, pycnogenol only produces the SOIL for nitric oxide. To produce the natural nitric oxide, you must take L-Argenine. L-Argenine produces nitric oxide, if you use pycnogenol to produce the soil for nitric oxide. Takes about 2 weeks to start to really get into your system. You must not smoke, or drink, and, you must exercise to increase your testosterone level. Good Luck!