Can I get more details about effexor and meridia? What are the side-effects of these two drugs and what are they being used for? I know that merida is used for weight loss, but please give me more information. Thanks

Effexor is an antidepressant medication that affects chemicals in the brain that become unbalanced and cause depression or anxiety. It is used to relieve the symptoms of depression, generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder also known as social phobia. Possible side effects of this drug are: unusual allergic reaction, irregular heartbeat, seizures, blurred vision, headaches etc. Meridia helps overweight people to lose pounds and keep them off. It is recommended for those who besides of being overweight have other health problems like high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol. It is used with a low-calorie diet for best results. Meridia works by boosting levels of certain chemical messengers in the nervous system. Abdominal pain, acid indigestion, anxiety, back pain, constipation, cough increase, depression and dizziness are some of the most common side effect of this drug. Less common side effects are: acne, chest pain, dental problems, vomiting etc.