Hi all

I have been on epilim for over a year. 2000mg per day. I have decided to go off it because I feel as though it is making me very flat and I feel no emotions. Does anyone know if it controls depression the same way an anti depressant does? or is it just a stabilizer.

I'm hoping by going off it, I start to feel less flat and depressed.

Sue

Sue

It is used as a mood stabilizer

Hope this helps

Regards

Portia

Hi there,
Well depression is something that everybody experiences in one part of their lives, and it is not something that comes just once. You can feel depressed all the time but also you can have it on periods. Now most professional will give you medication for depression, but some like to treat this more natural way. They say that diet is very important to fight the depression. Can you tell me more about your diet? Also exercise is on the second place, because exercise not only burns calories but it gives you positive energy that helps you feel your body to the full. I hope that some of these things will help you with depression problem.
Best wishes,
Marco