Hi, my wife has all the symptoms of perimenopause. But what worries me most is her depression. She is quiet and sad 24/7 and I don’t know how to help her. Any suggestions?

Hi, my mother has the same problem. She is 46 years old and deeply depressed. I noticed that it started exactly when she started complaining about hot flashes, night sweats and dry skin. I read something about it, and I realized that she stepped into perimenopause. I tried to talk to her about this, but she didn’t have patience to hear me. She started taking antidepressants 10 days ago, and I already noticed the difference. She isn’t depressed and nervous any more, and she sleeps much biter. However, there is one thing about this I don’t like at all- she became apathetic and she doesn’t care about anything any more. Her eyes seam empty, and I don’t see any emotions in her any more. I never realized what are perimenopausal women going through until my mother started experiencing it.

I have been depressed for 15 years, but in the last 2 years I became severly depressed and suicidal. I have been on every anti-depressant my physciatrist can think of. Currently I am on Lamictal because he doesn't know what else to do. I believe the severe depression is being caused by hormone changes. Does anyone out there know where I can find out more about this?

In India, homeopaths tell us that they can treat mental and emotional conditions in a way that alloapthy can't.

I am sure regular physical activity such as fast walking can help. So can well loved comedies ! I am not trying to make light of your suffering. Only offering suggestions which helped me out when I am sad.