Hello, folks. My friend was diagnosed atrial flutter. Doctor suggested cardioversion. He went for it. However, it seems this attempt failed. What is he supposed to do now? I am not sure about his further options. I would appreciate if anyone could reply to my post. It would mean a lot to me. Bye!

Hello. As far as I know, atrial flutter is not so dangerous condition. However, he should be examined in order to determine a possible underlying cause. You haven’t mentioned whether they tried chemical or electrical cardioversion. Perhaps other type would help. I am not sure. He should discuss that with his doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck to him! Bye!

Atrial Affib can and has resulted in clots being formed in the heart and passing to the brain or lungs resulting in strokes or pulmonary embolisms. Most patients are immediately put on blood thinners, currently Eliquis seems to be prescribed often. It darned sure can cause dyspnea and can severely limit exercise unless you are on Oxygen. Combined with COPD, it is a royal pain in the ass.