Hi, folks. My father has been hospitalized since the doctors suspect on the endocarditis of the valve. However, they also think that there is a septal lung embolus. I really don’t know what this is all about, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Thanks in advance.

Hello. I think this is possible. Germs that cause endocarditis can make some sort of thrombus. It is probably localized in the right part of the heart. From there, it can be detached and go to the pulmonary artery. This is how embolus becomes. Through pulmonary artery it reaches lungs. I wouldn’t know the details. I hope this is enough for you. Good luck to your father!

Good evening, all. Pulmonary emboli due to endocarditis are possible complication. Of course, for this, endocarditis should be localized in the right heart. It means that they should be located on the right atrio-ventricular valve or on the valve of pulmonary artery. From here, they can enter pulmonary artery and go to the lungs. Pulmonary embolism is an urgent medical condition. A treatment should be prompt. I hope your father is getting all the care he needs. Please, let me know about his condition. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I would agree with all that is said here. Endocarditis itself is an urgent medical condition. If it is left untreated, it can really cause serious damages to the heart. However, this pulmonary embolism additionally complicates your father’s condition. It is good that he is hospitalized. In that way he will receive all the necessary care. I hope he will get well. Good luck with all! Bye!