Hey everyone,

I was talking to a co-worker the other day about his health issues. I remember him complaining from time to time how he feels that his heart is working strangely, how it isn't beating properly. Me and the other workers used to laugh at that because we thought that he is just messing with us or that he is exaggerating since we are lifting a lot of heavy objects, we thought that was the cause anyway.

So now he has actually been diagnosed with one of the cardiac arrhythmias. Anyone knows what these are and what conditions do these involve?

Hey Alan,

Cardiac arrhythmia (or heart arrhythmia) occur when the electrical impulses that coordinate your heartbeats don't work properly, causing your heart to beat too fast, too slow or irregularly.

These may feel like a fluttering or racing heart and may be harmless. However, some heart arrhythmias may cause bothersome or sometimes even life threatening signs and symptoms.

Heart arrhythmia treatments can often control or eliminate fast, slow or irregular heartbeats. In addition, because troublesome heart arrhythmias are often made worse or are even caused by a weak or damaged heart, you may be able to reduce your arrhythmia risk by adopting a heart-healthy lifestyle.

Hi Alan,

Doctor classify arrhythmias by not only where they originate but also by the speed of heart rate they cause. There are two different arrhythmias and these are tachycardia which refers to a fast heart beat (above 100 beats per minute) and bradycardia which refers to a slow heart beat (bellow 60 beats per minute).

Now there are numerous types of both of these arrhythmias, for example, tachycardias in the atria are atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, supraventricular tachycardia and Wolff Parkinson White syndrome and tachycardias in the ventricles are ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation and long QT syndrome. There are numerous types of bradycardia as well.

Hey guys,

Thank you for your responses, Adria and Bee. I find it interesting to learn about these things so I would be grateful for any additional info that you give me regarding cardiac arrhythmias. If anyone could tell me about bradycardia types of cardiac arrhythmias as well, I would very much appreciate it.

I'd like to know how are these arrhythmias generally treated and are there actually treatments that completely remove the arrhythmia or they only make the heart beating normal at the time of use which would mean that a person would have to use his medicines for the rest of his life.

Good day there. Cardiac arrhythmia is also known as cardiac dysrhythmia or on “our” language – that is irregular heartbeat.

This is actually a group of the conditions in which the heartbeat is irregular. It can be slower or faster, but it is irregular.

It is known that the heartbeat that is too fast is called tachycardia and a heartbeat that is too slow it is called bradycardia. There are so many types of it without any symptoms.

When you have some symptoms they usually may include palpitations or you can even feel that you are having pause between heartbeats.

Basically, that is it. 

Hey guys.

I need to tell you that this all way a little bit hard to understand for me. When I find out that I am dealing with heart problems and that I really do have problems with cardiac arrhythmias I didn't know what is the difference between tachycardia and brachycardia. But now I get it. I just want to know is it possible that someone else has some cardiac arrhythmias problems even if they are not dealing with tachycardia or brachycardia as well? I am still a little bit confused about this and I hope that you can explain to me...

Hey there. I am not sure that I get what you are trying to tell us but I believe that cardiac arrhythmias can cause more problems than tachycardia and brachycardia.

Normally the heart’s most rapidly firing cells are in the sinus node making that area a natural pacemaker. Well, under some conditions almost all heart tissues can start an impulse of the type that can generate a heartbeat.

The only person who can determine what are your heart problems is your doctor. But you need to be prepared to do a lot of different tests until he finds out what is causing them. Also, the treatment is something that you need to have. Usually, it is treated with medications.

When i get an arrhythmia attack i always get so nervous for some reason...does this happen to you too?

I though I would try magnesium since I learned that magnesium is very important for proper functioning of the heart. 

Does anyone else take magnesium? what is the best one on the market? one that will fully saturate me since most supplements have fillers and even cause the diarrhetic effect......