My neighbor has medical problems for many years already. I have never asked what is wrong with him, but he stuck into hospital yesterday. I have heard his problem is called atrial fibrillation. Now I wish to hear more about atrial fibrillation treatment because I want to understand his condition as much as I could.

First, you should know that atrial fibrillation might result from multiple areas of reentry within the atria. Beside this, atrial fibrillation could from multiple ectopic foci. Atrial fibrillation may be associated with some other problems, such as sick sinus syndrome, hypoxia, increased atrial pressure, and pericarditis. Off course, this is not all, but there are many other conditions commonly associated with atrial fibrillation. I guess your neighbor has typical symptom, where the atrial electrical activity is very rapid, and approximately, it is 400 to 700 beats in a min. However, each electrical impulse results in the depolarization of only a small islet of atrial myocardium rather than the whole atrium as it should happen. As a result, there is no contraction of the atria as a whole, which brings problem to our patients. Fibrillatory waves vary in size and shape and are irregular in rhythm, that doctor might confirm with testing. Transmission of these multiple atrial impulses into the AV node is thought to occur at random in atrial fibrillation. This is resulting in an irregular ventricular rhythm, the main symptom of atrial fibrillation.