Hello, guys. My friend is diagnosed atrial fibrillation. His doctor suggested him cardioversion. As far as I understood him, there are chemical and electrical cardioversions. I would like to know which the best drug is for conversion of atrial fibrillation or general what is the best/optimal atrial fibrillation treatment. I would be very grateful for that piece of info. Bye!

Hello. Chemical cardioversion uses antiarrhythmic medications. They have tendency to decrease the heart excitability and to stabilize heart muscle tissue. This method of conversion is usually used when electrical cardioversion is considered to be unsafe or if sedation is unsafe. The medications that are mostly used are: flecainide, ibutilide or propafenone. I wouldn't know to say which one is the best. Chemical cardioversion is less traumatic for the patient. However, it is less effective than electrical one. Antiarrhythmics can also have side effects. I hope I've helped.

Antiarrhythmics are hell never take amiodarone it wrecked my lungs I have 50% use of my lungs now. And they cause more harm than good. One of them even caused me to go into afib after one day of taking the medication. Seriously look up catheter ablation. See if you can find an A-fib clinic in your area it has saved my life so far. If you don't know what anything is just Google it I Google everything.