Hi I have been on fentanyl 200 to 400mcg daily and oxycodone 10 mg up to 10 daily for breakthrough pain. My patches haven't been sticking so at first I was on 50 mcg patch q 48 hrs with oxy 10mg x 4 day and methadone  20 mg. 3 x day.  Since the patches haven't been sticking Jim not doing good. I'm trying to figure out what methadone dose will help me with pain and I just feel like c**p. I'm trying to up it and see if it helps. Plus I'm on Ativan .5 up to two three times a day. I have been on high doses of pain meds or many years. Any thoughts?

Dear guest My opinion is that your system has become tolerant to the meds. I have been on percocet since Sept 2012 for pain from a fractured foot among a couple other injuries I recieved in a work place accident. Fractured foot is getting better , but just last week I had a pancreatic attack. I have had acute pancreatitis approx. 6 years ago and the doctor's are saying that I have chronic Pancreatitis trying to manage the severe pain with the percocet 5/325. I find it takes the edge off but also find that I have to do more to somewhat function , I have been told that my body has become tolerant and thats only 4months or so. Wish I could get something stronger or even a patch so I don't have to put this c**p in my stomach but the doctor will not go in that direction. I just have to suffer and hope my dependency is not to great. That was just my opinion. Good Luck

There are clear patches that go over the fentenal Duragesic patch that will make it stick. Ask your pharmisist. If your pain is un controllable, I suggest the Medtronics pain pump. Hope this helps. :)

DO NOT TAKE METHADONE!!!! I was on oxy for about 6 years. Tried methadone for withdrawths. been on meth for 2 years now got down to 20mg a day. However reading and learning more about my failed atemps to get off the meth. Methadone is much much much worse than herion. I can not even believe it is on the market.the withdraths are nothing less than hell. I dont even know I will get off it . Today the only thing I can figure is get back to oxy and than get off that.PLEASE DO NOT USE METHADONE I REALLY BELIEVE THE DOCTORS DONT EVEN KNOW THE FULL SCOPE OF THIS MEDICINE.