Hi! I have severe pain. My friend told me that fentanyl skin patches are used to relieve severe pain. Can you please tell me sommething more about Fentanyl patches?

Hi! I use fentanyl skin patches. If you use them you must be careful. They could cause breathing difficulties which can cause death, especially if not used properly. They are used to relieve moderate to severe pain that occurs constantly. Fentanyl is in a class of medications called opiate analgesics. It works to treat pain by changing the way the brain and nervous system respond to pain. Fentanyl skin patches should be used only for chronic that cannot be controlled. Fentanyl is not for occasional use. You must be narcotic tolerant. If you are unsure if you are narcotic-tolerant, ask your doctor. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had breathing difficulties, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other lung disease.