Hello. I am interested in COPD, actually in a diet that could ease the symptoms of this illness. I ask this because my gather was diagnosed with COPD - Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He is, was, passionate smoker, but when doctors found out about COPD he quit smoking, which was the best thing to do in his situation. Now, we are looking for everything that might help him live a little easier life. Is there a diet for COPD?

People with COPD are in a serious situation. Their breathing ways are obstructed, most often damaged in such a big percentage that these people have less oxygen in their bodies. Treatment includes both medicaments and healthy way of living. Your father did the first, very important thing, he left nicotine. Now, he must regularly take his medicaments, he must perform light exercises to improve his overall body strength. As for diet, it is concluded that food that contains so called good fat is good for COPD patients. Also fish oil is supposedly good for your father, though it's not proven firmly.

what kind of light exercises?