Hi. My brother has COPD. His lungs are working with half of its` ability. He can`t breathe very well. What are his treatment options? What is his prognosis?

Hi. I was diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease too. I can`t breathe very well because my lungs are damaged. My airways are partly obstructed. COPD develops really slowly and years can pass before you notice the symptoms. That is the reason why COPD is usually being diagnosed in middle-aged or older people. The prognosis is not so good. COPD is one of the major causes of death and illness. There is no cure, but there are things you can do to improve your condition. Treatment is different for each person with COPD. It depends on whether your symptoms are mild, moderate or sever. Treatment of COPD includes meds and pulmonary rehab. For some people with COPD, surgery is required, if their symptoms are severe, if there is no improvement from taking meds, and if they experience very hard time breathing.