My ten year-old son has been diagnosed with asthma. This is the first time for me to encounter asthma problems and I was wondering if there was somebody who could tell me more about this foradil aerolizer he has been prescribed. Thx heaps!

Foradil Aerolizer is a long-acting bronchodilator. It acts to help keep the airways open, which may make it easier to breathe, and may reduce asthma symptoms. He is also used for breathing problems in people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases and prevent breathing difficulties during exercise. You need to make sure your son doesn’t swallow the capsules. Powder in the capsules is inhaled, using the Aerolizer Inhaler. You shouldn’t stop with the treatment even if you see that he is feeling better. You can do this only if a doctor tells you so. Foradil Aerolizer is not used to relieve sudden asthma symptoms. For sudden asthma symptoms you should use inhaled, short-acting bronchodilator. There could be some side effects with the usage of this inhaler, so if you notice any irregularities, contact his doctor straight away.