I was diagnosed with Focal Nodular Hyperplasia almost one year ago.

To date, I have visited the hospital on several occasions for follow up scans but have been experiencing swelling on my lower abdomen along with sometimes severe pain.

The doctors have said all I can do is lose weight but after losing between 1/2 to 1 stone this has failed to make any impact whatsoever. I understand this does take time but has anyone else had an experience on this condition along with the final outcome?

Look forward to hearing from fellow sufferers soon. I am not sure how much more I can take......

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago with FNH. Up until the past couple of weeks, the pain I've experienced would come and go- mostly a dull, ache from my ribs to my back. For the past couple of weeks, the pain is constant and really starting to scare me! My Dr. had told me to "basically live with it" and take Tylenol for the pain. That's not working anymore, so I need to get back in to check it all out. I just want this thing GONE. Not a day goes by that I dont worry about it. I thought I was just crazy, until I started reading about other sufferers and their experiences with FNH. Not sure how much more I can take either!!!

I was recently diagnosed with FNH. I have had 3 MRIs and it has not grown. I have no symptoms associated with it. However, mine is 8 cm big which is the cut off to have it surgically removed. Since I am a 37 year old woman who is trying to get pregnant, my doctor said I need to have it removed. FNH is caused by hormones and pregnancy will make it grow bigger, cause pain, and bleeding. It has nothing to do with weight. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. My suggestion is to get a second opinion and get it removed.