I have FNH. I have the feelings of pain and pressure along with it. A needle biopsy guided by ultrasound showed it was benign. I had decided to leave it alone as it is not growing at an alarming rate. However, lately I have heard stories of the mass turning into cancer if not dealt with. I have two small children and want more. Should I have it removed if it is causing problems? Will it cause more problems if I don't? Right now it is 5.4cm. Does the pain mean my liver is bleeding. (The pain really took off since my biopsy. Did not have the pain before.) Just need an objective point of view. Thanks.

I have researched much information and the case of malformation is rare. The case of rupture is rare as well. The size of your tumor does not sound alarming, but again your doctor would be the best judge of that. I have FNH and my size is that of a baseball so I am meeting with a surgeon because I too fee pain and pressure, even more when I do any sort of physical exercise. I also had a biopsy which is the only way to find out if the tumor is malignant. The good thing is was benign but still the reasons these tumors are removed may be due to the cause of pain to the patient, the size, or it's alarming growth rate. Speak with your doctor and ask him/her to refer you to a surgeon for more answers. I am doing that. Hope your situation improves. This is a a common yet rare disease because there isn't much information out there for doctors to share.

Take care,

Anna

I was recently diagnosed with FHN. My tumour is over 8 cm long but I don't have any pain on a daily basis. I did have an episode a few weeks ago that led to finding the FHN tumour. But it seems to be an isolated event brought on by drinking too much and not eating enough (or properly). So far I've heard no mention of surgery or even a biopsy. They've told me that it is definitely not cancer and will not lead to cancer. Do you think that it's possible that they can tell without a biopsy? I had a lot of blood taken and have had a CT Scan and an ultrasound. I'm worried now that I should insist on a biopsy.