Hi! I am 35 years old woman. First, I had CT scan. Doctor suggested me a liver biopsy. So I had a liver biopsy. After biopsy doctor told me that I have focal nodular hyperplasia. I don’t know anything about this disease. What is treatment of this disease?

Hi! I also have FNH. I have periodic imaging tests, but I didn’t have surgery. FNH is a condition in which a nodule, composed of a central scar tissue and clumps of surrounding liver cells, is found within an otherwise healthy liver. The size of the nodule in FNH can vary in size.
The treatment of FNH is controversial. Maybe your doctor will recommend to you a surgery to remove large nodules or those that are causing pain. Smaller nodules are often left alone and followed with periodic imaging tests to monitor their size. It’s important for you to stop taking contraceptive hormones.