It is almost a year to the day that I was first diagnosed with Focal Nodular Hyperplasia with a small tumour (3 centimeters and growing) being evident on my liver.

My symptoms started with severe swelling and pain of the lower abdomen which leads up my back and causes extreme pain and / or discomfort.

Despite many scans, the consultant has informed me that it is too deep within my liver for a biopsy and a major risk for surgery but if I am having constant pain (which cannot always be controlled by painkillers), is there anything that could be done to put a stop to my problems?

The only advice I have received is to lose weight and despite doing this, the problem remains.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

my partners mum ws ill for 15 yrs before diagnosed with focal nodular hyperplasia, she is currently taking morphine & oxycontin & has a pain blocker injection straight into the liver every 8 weeks. however, this treatment is no longer working for her so we are looking into alternative treatment. good luck in your search for a treatment that works for you.

I was dx'd with FNH 10 years ago, I have 12 tumors, some being 5cm across, and they are growing..slowing, but they are growing, so make sure you have regular scans to keep up on this. Right now the only treatment is resection. I take oxycontin both 12 hour and the rescue kind to help with the pain. I have recently also been put on lyric which helps me for whatever the reason. But without the meds I cannot even get out of bed the pain is so bad. Diet wise, stay away from fatty foods, this tends to cause pain as the liver has trouble with the digestion of fats. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or would just like to talk about it..you can e-mail me at _[removed]_. All the best to you and yours. - The Liver Lady. (Melody)