HELP!!! I had my surgery exactly 3 weeks ago (1/28/13) and right after day 15-16 I started feeling greatWay was passing my BMs normally with very little pai. (Compared to the first few days after surgery), had overcome lots of constipation, my diet was ok and I was going regularly every night. Then 2 days ago I went to the movies and decided to have popcorn. BAD IDEA because I didn't realize you don't digest the casings so now I am having major anxiety. I can't get a BM out because the casings are scratching me so much. It hurts so bad I don't know what to do. I tried Senna Leaf Tea (helps with constipation) to soften it up but that didn't help. I was thinking of trying magnesium citrate (my doctor told me to use this in case of constipation emergency) but I'm scared... Any thoughts/suggestions/Ideas? 

Another issue I was having was the thickness of my BMs.. They were coming out HUGE because inwas taking fiber pills, eating lots of fiber and taking miralax 1x per day to soften. My dr said fiber makes the stool bulky so I should cut back..now cutting back mixed with the popcorn situation I can't get anything out

im freaking out!! Also I'm a 24 year old female - not sure if that matters.. Please help!!!! 

Do an anal rinse with at least 1.5 liters of Luke warm water, that should break your stool down.

i did this procedure last night before my today's operation to rinse the contents of my intestines- had I known this technique,  could have avoided this morning nasty surgery... Hope it helps

first you need stool softeners. You may even want to try 2 tablespoons of mineral oil to help coat insides. try to drink plenty water throughout the day and with each dose of stool softener or laxative.. I found Cottonelle wipes rather than toilet paper was key for about three months. Also apply Neosporin with pain relief ointment right on the opening of the anus to relieve some discomfort. Go for fresh fruits and veggies and high fiber cereal. Avoid any foods that are hard to digest like red meat, cheese, eggs  or chocolate. I find that spinach salad  with veggies like beets , carrots and cucumbers seems to help with digestion. Fiber One cereais also helps me. Hang in there.