I got my gall bladder out about 10 months ago and have overall been really happy about the results. I have, however, been having issues with occasional bloating of my stomach (which varies between mildly annoying and painful) and fairly bad constipation issues. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any idea how to ease this at all?

Hello Sjs,

Your gall bladder stores and release bile into the small intestine.  Bile helps to digest fats making them ready for absorption in the small intestine. Once the bladder is removed it is common to experience constipation, diarrhea and bloating.  This will stop when the body adjusts to not having a gall baldder.  To inhibit constipation make sure to take in foods rich in fiber like potatoes, whole grains, veggies and fruits.  Stay away from foods with refined flour, fast foods and fatty foods.  Some doctors suggest that patients go on a liquid diet for a while to ease transition.  Also, you can small amounts of food more often to give your intestine a break.  This should help eliminate your bloating and constipation problem.