My husband is getting hemrroids, this time it is the worst it has been. He can't sleep, he has trouble sitting, and is in alot of pain, he says that it is burning him and is very painful, it is not bleeding or anything like that. He is embarassed to go see the doctor, so I went to the pharmacy and got him some cream to rub on it. I also told him to take a bath with some epison salt to see if it helps. But he wants to know what causes the hemrroids, so he can try to prevent it from coming back again. Please let me know so i can give him some advice, cause the doctor is not an option, he has went to one in 5 years and say he is not going until he feels like he is going to die..
Please help me.

In order to prevent hemorrhoid from occur your husband needs to get rid of these first. Otherwise, his life could turn into a living hell.

My uncle had severe hemorrhoids as well that were causing a lot of pain, not to mention that he had to sat at home in case he needed a bowel movement because it would take a lot of time and a lot of sweating, not to mention pain. In the end, he had to have a surgery to get rid of the hemorrhoids. Considering your husbands hemorrhoids are so painful, they are unlikely to go away on their own.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about hemorrhoids because almost everybody develop them at some point of their lives. It is better to deal with them then suffer in pain for eternity.

Hemorrhoids occur when the veins around the anus or lower rectum get swollen and inflamed. They usually result from straining to move stool. Other causes may be aging, chronic constipation or diarrhea, and anal intercourse. They could be internal, external and internal that have protruded. Most commonly they occur from straining during bowel movements and straining usually appears due to constipation. Constipation happens when we are not eating a lot of foods rich in fibers, like fruits and vegetables and when we are not drinking a lot of water. Even if we are eating a lot of fiber from our foods, and not drinking a lot of water, we can still get constipated because then there is nothing to soften the stool in the bowels.

The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to make the stool soft either by changing our eating habits or taking stool softeners, so that stool could pass easily without straining.
You may advise your husband to start walking regularly or to start having regular physical activities, together with changing eating habits in order to soften his stool.

I'm 18 and just got one a few days ago, I don't really want to go to the doctor because my family can't exactly afford it. Is there anything over the counter that I can use to get rid of it sooner? My mom gave me some generic hemorrhoid cream and it is helping, but will this go away on its own?