Hey, i'm not sure if im not chewing my food enough or what, but for the last 2 or 3 months, everytime I take a number 2, my anus bleeds. Also it seems like it scabs or drys over and then it hurts to.. spread my anus again.

My guess is that i have a cut or somthing in there, and it scabs, and every time a I take a number two, i reopen the scab. I'm 18 years old, iv never done anything sexual, or ANYTHING that would make anything like this happen.

A little help pls? :'(

What are your bowel movements like? Constipation could cause hemorrhoids and hemorrhoids cause bleeding.

Are you a boy or a girl? Can you have your mother look at it or a doc?

I had this problem for 4 years.  Nearly every time I went #2 I had lots of bright red blood on the tissue and in the bowl.  I scared the hell out of me.  I had a colonoscopy and they said I was fine and discussed "binding" my external with my doctor.  Occasionally it would go away and when I ate more veggies this also helped but it always came back.

My doctor really didn't recommend anything that helped it.

Finally, I changed my diet.  I changed to the Paleo diet.  I read Robb Wolf's book about the diet and his health problems related to processed foods, etc.  Check it out.

So now I don't eat processed food (cereal, rice, potato chips, pancakes) and I don't eat dairy (cheese, milk, etc.)  I do eat as much fruit, vegetables, nuts, & meat as I want.

My metabolism has completely changed.  I've lost about 20 lbs (after 1.5 months) and the bleeding is gone completely.  Haven't had it once since I started this diet.

I advise you to talk to your doctor but also to try the Paleo diet for one month to see how it affects your butt bleeding problem.

Best of luck!

David

I had this problem for 4 years. Nearly every time I went #2 I had lots of bright red blood on the tissue and in the bowl. It scared the hell out of me. I had a colonoscopy and they said I was fine and discussed "binding" my external hems. with my doctor. I was not impressed with this solution (especially in hindsight as I look at my situation today) I swear Doctors are mostly clueless about diet and non-pharma solutions to problems.) Occasionally it would go away and when I ate more veggies this also helped but it always came back.

Finally, I radically changed my diet. I changed to the Paleo diet. I read Robb Wolf's book about the diet and his health problems related to processed foods, etc. Check it out.

So now I don't eat processed food (cereal, rice, potato chips, pancakes, pasta, etc.) and I don't eat dairy (cheese, milk, etc.) I do eat as much fruit, vegetables, nuts, & meat as I want.

My metabolism has completely changed. I feel like a million bucks and have the energy I used to have when I was 20. I'm now 51. I've lost about 20 lbs (after 1.5 months) and the bleeding is gone completely. Haven't had it once since I started this diet.

I advise you to talk to your doctor but also to try the Paleo diet for one month to see how it affects your butt bleeding problem and other issues you may be having.

One example is my joints. I used to be an athlete but lifting 10lb barbells hurt my joints. My joint aches have cleared up and now I'm using 25lb weights and I don't hurt. I'm getting real workouts.

Amazing, isn't it!

Best of luck!

David

Hey,

I dont know you are a boy or a girl, i am at your age, i had this situation for over 1 year, i feel ashamed of going to a doctor and discuss about it. And later i had a stomach ulcer and went to a gastro entirologist for treatment. And i came to know, that i had hemorrhoids also because of bleeding from anus. Yes you are having hemorrhoids. Do you have any bulges on the outer area of your anus. If so, you are having external hemorrhoids, if not you are having internal hemorrhoids. The most common cause is, you are not taking proper diet. Go for having more fiber rich food and that will soften your stool. This will gradually reduce your hemorrhoids. or if you want immediate result try these guys, ridpiles.com as they are giving natural remedies for curing hemorrhoids. I see hem-clear has highest success rate.

You can't diagnose this online. It could be a fissure, polyps, hemorrhoid piles (internal/external), fistula, para-anal cyst, cancer, etc. All of those and more can have symptoms you describe. You need to see a GI doc and get it taken care of before it gets worse.

Hi Oceanarcher,

You are right, but for every thing you mentioned above, the first thing one must do is to soften their stool, it will reduce the chances of getting the position worse, hemorrhoids is a pretty common one, there are 0.1% to think it was a cancer, anyways first try to get your stool soften, then you will understand the things, if the same thing happens, then go visit a doc.

It's always a good idea to eat high fiber diets every day even if you have no health issues down there. However, once you do have continued bleeding, you're doing yourself a disservice by avoiding a GI doc. The worst thing you can do is take medical advice from people online. Go see a specialist and get it checked out. 

The OP's post is over 5 years ago, but for anyone else who has the EXACT same symptoms, please eat a lot of fiber and go see a doc. Internal hemorrhoids is the most common cause of bleeding during bowel movements. There are 4 grades of Internals. If you're beyond grade 2, simply softening your stool every day will not make them go away. Softening stools can prevent them from getting worse, but chances are you'll still have the occasional strain during BMs due to constipation or diarrhea, and over time your roids will continue to advance. The procedures to remove less advanced hemorrhoids is relatively painless. Once they progress to grade 4 thrombosed internals, your only option is a hemorrhoidectomy. I just had one done 4 weeks ago, and I really regret not seeing the doc sooner to get it taken care of. To put it in perspective, I had a compound fracture where the bone in my arm stuck through the skin. I'd rather go through the first week of that broken arm recovery 5 times over rather than relive the first week of hemorrhoidectomy post-op. 

However, the OP does NOT have internal hems. Something is on the outside and scabs over at times. Since external roids rarely bleed like that, I doubt we can attribute his problems to roids. It sounds more like a para-anal cyst with a possible fistula underneath it. These are rarely cancerous, but the longer you leave it untreated, the longer the fistula tube gets. The longer the fistula, the more complicated (and painful) the procedure to excise it.

Dairy can be okay as long as it's not pasteurized. I used to throw up often then I stopped drinking pasteurized milk