I noticed that I have a lot more gas after my surgery. Anybody else have this?

What type of surgery did you have? I had more after gallbladder surgery.

I had a hemmorhoidectomy. It"s not that bad but I just fart more now it seems like.

Every single time i go under anesthesia, i get gassy and constipated for days. My daughters both have the same problem. She had a minor procedure to her knee and was sedated for less than 45 minutes. She was constipated for 10 days and farted non stop. Her stomach bloated up so bad and she had miserable cramping. Finally, after laxatives and stool softners, she did the suppository thing and got relief.
Don't let yourself get back up. Because you had a delicate surgery back there, you have to be extra careful of constipation. Talk to your doctor and ask him how to avoid this.

I am thinking that it's more to blame on your procedure than any anaesthetia or anything that you got. I'm not entirely sure because I don't know what your body's chemistry is or anything like that but that's my best guess. Have you taken GasX or anything like that for it?

No I haven't taken anything yet. I was thinking about taking some GasX. My doc said my anus tightened up some after the surgery and I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with gas after a hem operation. I have trouble passing matter when I relieve myself that isn't as big as what I passed before the surgery. I am just worried about getting a fissure.

That's totally understandable. Have you still been passing a lot of gas or are you doing okay? I haven't talked to you in a bit so I would like to know how you're doing. Let me know, okay?

Everything has has gotten better recently as far as constipation goes. But I still am not having very big movements. Hopefully it will keep getting better and better with time. Thanks for your concern and talking me through this embarassing stuff.

Thanks again and take care

From my experience, I think my gas situation started because I had to take metamucile or konyly as fiber supplement the day of surgery and on and on. Even though it has psyllium husk which is not supposed to cause as much bloating or gas as other fiber supplements, I feel I could be part of an orchestra with my sound effects. LOL The narcotic pain medication the first couple days after the hemorroidectomy was also constipating. Nevertheless, I keep eating a high broccoli/fiber diet and drink my concoction while I'm in the tub and I feel goooood, farts and all. Oh and by the way, I probably don't need to sit in the tub anymore since its been 1 1/2 month since my surgery, but I bought a TV for the bathroom after the surgery and now I don't want to leave my "spa". XD

Hey, please don't worry about it. Health problems can be embarrassing but we've all gone through it at some point or another. Let me know if you happen to have any more questions, okay?

Hey gladit'sover, how is everything going for you? It's been awhile since I last saw you post and I hope everythings going okay. Can you let me know? Thanks!

yes i have gas too. i have more pain in my stomach than my ass i think its from all that fiber

There is such a thing as too much fiber and it can make passing difficult. What's a typical diet for you? I would like to know to see what it is that you're eating. Thanks!

Hi. Do you still have the farting problem? I had my haemarhoids removed a year ago and i am still farting alot its crazy