Hi, my sister's kid is suffering from bronchitis for several years already. It happens to him 3 to 4 times per years especially in the winter. Also I know that many other children and people are suffering from this disease so I would like to know something more about it in general.

Hi, bronchitis is disease which has its acute and chronic form. Acute bronchitis is characterized by sudden onset with high temperature, coughing and great secretion of mucus. It is very similar to common cold. Chronic bronchitis, as it name says, is disease which has chronically development. It is developing on irritated mucosa of lung airways and may last even several weeks. Coughing is constantly present, there is usually not high temperature. Chronic bronchitis may further develop into emphysema and both of these diseases belong to the group of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.