Hello! I am 27 year-old female and I have been diagnosed with rsd 6 months ago after I had my leg broken in a skiing accident. I am on drugs and I do a physical therapy. The problem is that my husband and I have been thinking about starting a family long before the accident occurred. I am wondering what effect pregnancy can have on rsd. All the info is more than welcome! Thx

Hi! I am no expert I am just a person who also suffers from rsd. I don’t understand how the drugs will influence on the fetus and if you will experience more pain or not. I mean, analgesics belong to a group C, which means that safety for use during pregnancy has not been established. However, I ran into a statement once that there is no contraindication for an RSD patient to become pregnant. As it is the case with some other neurologic illnesses such as multiple sclerosis and epilepsy, pregnancy may be beneficial in the management of the disease. But, I found out nothing on how. Anyway, if you need someone to talk to, share your feelings or so, I will be here.

You will have to manage your pregnancy preferably with a Periantologist which handles high risk pregnancies. I have 19 month old triplets and was scared with the drugs. The Peri and I worked together to come up with a plan so the medication I took was min, I did the min amount of things so I wouldn't flare up. With a HOM pregnancy it is high risk but anyone with this type of disease can have a baby and not have the drugs affect it. I went off all class C a year before trying so they were well out of my system found a regiment that worked and managed my PG with the help of a wonderful team of Doctors.

I actually take less medication now then before I was pregnant and with three 19 months old I am more active. I am experiencing different types of pain, but the epidural for delivery helped me a lot. I have had three bofore along with 15 lumbar blocks. Anyway if you need to talk to someone who has gone through a pregnancy and had positive results please feel free to contact me.

Annie

What kind of drugs is everyone on? I was on Cymbalta before I got pregnant, but the side effects sound terrible and I am afraid to go back on it. I am in a lot of pain and my disease has actually gotten worse, but I cannot help but think of the baby first. Anyone have any suggestions about what meds you have used and worked that are safe for babies? I go see the specialist this week, but I would like to get some more input on it.