I am looking for advice. I was diagnosed with rsd 12 years ago following an auto accident. My rsd effected my right arm, shoulders and neck. I was also diagnosed with spasmadic torticollis. I have tried klonopin, cymbalta, effexor, klonopin, neurontin and valium no positive response from anything. Dr have tried, PT, TENS, chiropractic, and myobbloc. Everything made no difference. For the past year I can only sleep for 2 hour increments at a time. My body does not ever go into REM. I am looking for suggestions I am allergic to Xanax and become suicidal of neurontin, cymbalta and seroqul. I am so stumped at what is left. I see a little benefit from valium and oxycodone regime but still an able to sleep. I am also noticing concentration issues, irriatability and increased pain and migraines. Help anyone! Totally stumped.

Hi cnrcwe, So I am going to be honest with you and tell you that I had to do some research to know exactly what RSD is and what might help. It sounds as if you have some good doctors who are trying to find something that works. Not being a doctor myself this is just a sugestion, but there is a medication called Lyrica, (Pregabalin) that is used to treat pain caused by neurologic diseases ie. Chronic Pain, Diabetic Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Postherpetic Neuralgia, to name a few. Maybe this is something you could talk to your doctor about to see if it would prove beneficial to your specific disorder? Having delt with chronic pain myself I know how dibilitating and depressing it can be, I wish you the very best of luck and I hope this helps you. If you do talk to your doctor, let me know how your doing. Take care.