I use to have renal bacterial infection very often. I tried to reduce infection with alprim 300mg tablets. I experience nausea and stomach pain occasionally. I am interested if it can be related with some ingredients of alprim tablets. Does anyone have similar experience?

Active ingredient in Alprim is trimethoprim. It is antibiotic that fights against bacteria in urinary tract.
You should drink more water. Gastrointestinal side effects are not rare in antibiotic therapy. Don’t miss the dose and don’t stop your therapy when your symptoms lighten. Proper usage of antibiotics is important for avoiding resistance.

I have been taking Alprim tablets to treat a urinary tract infection. I also take Yasmin for contraceptive means and was wondering whether this would be effected dramatically and cause pregancy if further contraceptive measures werent used?

Yes it would effect your contraceptive pill as alprim is an antibiotic.. i too am on yasmin and are taking extra precautions while im taking the antibiotic and also for 7 days after i finish the antibiotic..

Hi I heve been prescribed Alprim to treat Epidimyitis, so far I am on the 4th day of a 7 day course and have noticed no improvement, should i ibe concerned?

Thanks

haha, this is funny, because my doctor apparently put me on this stuff because he said I had a kidney infection, not a urinary infection...I think I should change doctors...

I took my first tablet yesterday for a urinary tract infection and was up all night vomiting and dry retching,never felt to sick, is that common

I was diagnosed with SLE a few years back, i bought some Alprim as prescribed by my doctor, is this safe to use considering i have an auto-imune disorder and it says on the information in the packet that it shouldn't be prescribed to people with either a blood or auto-immune disorder?

I have a UTI and taken 6 days of Alprim - worked to start with then gradually it has come back - around 25% - the doctor proscribed it - told her I cannot take generic drugs particularly anti biotic because I go through them too fast - I cant be put under for op easy either and a 2 hour local for dentist lasts 20 mins 4 hour 40mins. So generic drugs read up are either weak or too strong but not like they say - the same effect. I have a damaged uretha one doc told me due to UTI and being proscribed exact same - generic in place of tested trialled drug Keflex which worked 3rd time but too late. So back to doc and I have had to ring local chemist to ask him to order in Triprim which is the original drug allowed for human. chemist told me Australia has generics as cheap but looking up buying on line $6.99 for Triprim and $5.90 for generic - know which I would buy if possible because of script etc not - always take that tried and passed the tests because the other generic is randomly tested and that means like Pan Pharmaceuiticals here someone died and they shut them down for cutting corners etc and that was 'randomly tested. Plus the mandatory active ingredient in a generic is the only one mandated. So other fillers can change the efficacy. Makes me mad as they say
exactly the same when obviously not so. Why lie? Money ? You only get on body one chance of health. I will come back and say if Triprim does the trick - I do take urals too for acid.
Our PBS is $5.90 for pensioners and $33 for others - which is why they advertise on line but cant get past the need for that script as need original not fax or scanned. I went to 7 chemists to try for the Triprim and all only stocked Alprim. Same with most drugs. Makes it hard. I do know these generics work for many but the saving of costs to the government diminish if one has to go back time and again as they dont work or return infection etc. Also with random testing considering the cutback to staff etc and seeing as many generics are made in Asia and other countries cant see them shelling out for inspectors to randomly check not cutting corners.

I do not know why but this medicine is very helpfull for me!

Day 4 of Alprim and after some improvement UTI worsened! So back to GP and Keflex 4 times a day - fingers crossed they work! Thumping head plus aBro pain - revolting!

Different types of medicines are available in market but all may not suitable to you. So before taking any kind of medicine it is recommend to ask doctor for it.

With me Keflex didn't work as the bug was resistant to Keflex so GP put me on Alprim. Haven't started it yet and hoping it works.

I'm on Alprim 300mg - but just one a day (at night after food) since I've had multiple UTI' s , is this adequate?

How are you going with the Alprim? I've just taken my first tablet of seven for UTI after my evening meal.