My husband and I really want to have a boy. What methods of gender planning  of the baby you know?

Hi Rebeca,

Are you planning to do this naturally or via in-vitro?

Really, there is no sure fire way to choose the sex naturally.  Hubby does it but it depends upon the sperm.

Good luck.

We want to do this naturally. I have heard that there are special tables for child gender planning. They are based on the mother's age and the month of conception. How effective are this tables? have you ever heard about this method?

It's not the mother that decides the sex. A women always produces an egg with the X chromosone. The male can be either X or Y It's the MALE that determines the sex of the child.

XX = female
XY = male

That's it.

Some studies indicate that the Y chromosone, for a boy, might be a bit faster than that of a female. So if you have sex just before ovulation there is a better chance it is a boy than afterward you ovulate.

Nothing is foolproof.

Good luck.