Iam currently 6 weeks pregnant, my partner has a mild form of aspergers syndrome, as aspergers is a form of autism, i am very keen to know what the chances are of my baby developing either,

Me to. I'm a month pregnant and just found out the father has Asperger's. What are the chances of the child being born with the same thing ?

Have heard it is hereditary.

Unfortunately there are slight chances that your baby has the same condition as your partner but if you want to be sure you need to consult your doctor about this. You have probably wondering about this quite some time now and since you are already pregnant there is no need to wait in delaying the answer if you can get it. I believe that maybe it is possible to discover this by doing amniocentesis but like I said before you need to consult your doctor about it.

I hope that you will get baby without any condition, and that it will be healthy and beautiful. Good luck and keep us posted.  

Neither of my parents are on the Autism Spectrum, neither is my brother, but I am (Asperger Syndrome).

The actual chance depends on weather the child is male or female, if it is a female its dna will likely by fairly similar to its mother but if its a male it will likely have the dna of its father and so the chance of being on the spectrum increases, but please for the love of god dont make your husband feel responsible for the outcome, its not his fault.