Is there a certain time during ovulation (early, mid, later) that you should have sex if you want to better your chances of having a boy or a girl? I heard that if you have sex too early during your ovulation cycle you will most likely have a girl and if you do it mid way though you are more likely to have a boy. Is there any truth to this?

you know there are a lot of old wives tales saying stuff like......drink more milk and you will have a girl....but none of it has actually been proven, there (at the moment) is no way to control what gender you will get both scientifically and naturally...getting a little more into this topic (even though what I am about to talk about is kinda oof your topic question) there is a higher percentage for girls than there are for it being a boy....I don't remember off the top of my head but I think its a 30% chance of giving birth to a male and the other percentage is to female, and technically every person in the world started off as a female because wen you are in the womb, some cells (that I don't remember the name of) attack some parts of the baby and if they are strong enough to destroy some of the parts then it turns out to be a girl, and when they are not strong enough, a boy....I don't remember exactly the whole embryology about this but its something like that.....