I am 23 and 5 months pregnant. I have one question and would like someone to tell me more about it. What I am interested in is ultrasound gender determination. How accurate is it?

Many families just like you rely on ultrasound to tell the gender their new baby. The accuracy of that report depends on many factors. The most important ones are the age of the baby, equipment that is being used, the technician, and also the cooperation of the baby. When it comes to gender determination some people take the ultrasound for granted. Sometimes the technician is unable to find the penis on the baby and it is automatically a girl. Gender determination can be provided after 17 weeks and many women choose to do it twice or even more. They want to see their baby at various stages. At around 16-24 weeks, you are able to see more of your baby at once and witness the amazing development already well underway. At 24-36 weeks, more facial features can be seen as babies are building more fat. I can not tell you clearly how accurate the gender determination is, but it is important to know that good technician will never guess or give percentages on gender.

I went to a 3D ultrasound place at 20 weeks they told me I was having a boy. I went back in at 26 weeks and was still told boy. I had a son. I have heard that sometimes they say its a girl when they can't tell for sure but usually if they say you are having a boy its a boy. I had 1 friend and she is the only one I know of who was told she was having a boy and ended up with a girl because she had a finger sticking between her legs and the tech thought it was a penis. This was a 2D ultrasound though, had it been 3D they would've known it was her finger.

my wife and i just had our 20 week ultrasound for our twins. they told us that baby B was FOR SURE a girl and baby A they were only 80% sure because they couldn't see everything...that it was also a girl. i hear that unless they are 100% sure to not go on the "guess". especially with girls? i hear that sometimes the penis isn't visible because of baby position, etc. is that true? or should i pretty much bank on having a set of twin girls?

That what I have been told, for my twins, my tech told ue that both of them are probably girls at 28 weeks, She said she is 80% sure. So I am still confused